Download: MP3 (Members Only!)
In July of 2016, I wrote a book called Overlap (http://OverlapBook.com). It’s a 75,000-word book and I wrote it in 14 days.
I had a productive routine.
I would shut down at 9:00 PM, lights off at 10:00 PM, wake up at 4:30 AM, go for a run, and start writing by 6:00 AM.
That’s a lot of things, and they didn’t happen all at once. I worked toward this for many months prior, and it took a lot of steps to get there.
We talk about chaining habits together in this episode and creating micro successes. Instead of defining success as this big, perfect vision of the life you want for yourself, I encourage you to redefine success.
A successful morning routine starts the night before, so first, define success by when you go to bed. Do that for a couple weeks consistently. Then define success by when you wake up. Keep moving the marker.
Once you establish a new baseline, redefine success.
This is a very practical episode. If you feel like you have trouble sticking to a routine, or you’ve fallen off a routine you had in the past, or you don’t have habits you want, this episode will help you get back on the horse.
Things You’ll Learn
- How to establish a productive morning routine.
- How to create micro successes for yourself.
- How to chain your habits.
- What you should do with the time outside of your day job.
- Why you shouldn’t add extra time to events to “be flexible”and what you should do instead.
- Making the most of your limited resources.
- Why you shouldn’t try to establish all of your routines at once.
- How specific to make your habits.
- How to avoid reacting to the day as soon as you wake up.
- The three forms of accountability you should utilize.
- How to feel good about what you accomplish and move forward.
Get access to this full podcast episode and hundreds more like it when you sign up for a seanwes membership.
Get the business knowledge you need from people you can trust.
Access mini courses with audio, video, and written lessons that will take you from zero to sustainable business.
Tune in to live broadcasts every week day, and connect with other like-minded people across the world who will give you the feedback and accountability you’ve been craving.
We can’t wait to welcome you!
Already have access? Log in »