009: The 3 Groups of People and How Learning Can Set You Apart
Friday, September 6, 2013 – 29 minutes
Download: MP3 (27.8MB)
We got to talking about learning and whether a love for learning is simply something you’re born with or whether it can be acquired. Understanding the distinctions between the 3 different groups of people and where you fit in can help you position yourself for success by strategically choosing those with whom you surround yourself.
- 05:20 Can a passion for learning be taught, or is it innate?
- 07:59 Having a willingness to learn requires the discipline to say “no” to distractions.
- 09:22 The 3 groups of people.
- 11:15 Successful people are not threatened by other successful people.
- 12:05 If you have the skill of problem-solving, you’re essentially limitless.
- 12:59 “Bad company corrupts good character.”
- 15:45 Group 3 people will bring you down. Who are you spending your time with?
- 17:09 You have to design your environment. You have decide who you position around yourself.
- 18:27 Stop trying to convert the wrong people and instead surround yourself with the right people.
- 19:45 When you demonstrate that you are taking initiative and putting forth an initial effort, those who have been there before will want to help you.