Download: MP3 (Members Only!)
You ever go to a meetup or conference and have someone ask the dreaded question: “What do you do?”
You clam up. You don’t know how to respond. “It’s complicated,” you say. They look uncomfortable. You stumble over your words.
It’s not a pretty sight.
People want to listen. They’re eager to look for themselves in the story you’re telling, but you need to grab their attention quick or you’re going to lose them. You only have a short about of time.
You need to be ready to give a pitch for what you do at any time in any amount of time!
It’s difficult because you lack clarity. In many cases, you haven’t decided for yourself who your ideal customer is. You haven’t determined what very specific thing you do. You haven’t determined the very clear outcome or result you provide for people.
Your message needs to be adaptable and you have to be ready to expand and contract on the fly.
We naturally want to give people the ABC (this is a mistake), but what we really need to give them is the XYZ.
We talk more about how to get clarity on your situation in today’s episode.
Things You’ll Learn
- What your message needs to be adaptable to.
- How to repackage your pitch for different people.
- Why you should be very specific about what you do.
- The three most important things to keep in mind when giving your six-second pitch.
- How to start your pitch, no matter how much time you have.
- How to make the most of 10 minutes when giving your pitch.
- One thing to infuse into your message.
- Where to keep the focal point of the story you’re telling.
Get access to this full podcast episode and hundreds more like it when you sign up for a seanwes membership.
Get the business knowledge you need from people you can trust.
Access mini courses with audio, video, and written lessons that will take you from zero to sustainable business.
Tune in to live broadcasts every week day, and connect with other like-minded people across the world who will give you the feedback and accountability you’ve been craving.
We can’t wait to welcome you!
Already have access? Log in »