Something a little different from usual. I’ve been working on setting up my new Mac Pro. It’s actually not so noticeable in the picture since it’s so small (which I like). But man, that thing packs a punch.
I’m doing a lot more heavy production work with my podcast and shooting and editing my weekly video show, and my old iMac was just beach balls all day—no good. It was time to step it up and get a machine that doesn’t have to think about what I need it to do.
Wow, does this thing deliver. I’m a power user, so I have a dozen+ items that I absolutely have to have in my startup. It was taking minutes to boot on my old machine. Now (with the same exact configuration), I enter my password and everything is fully loaded by the time I count to 2. Apps open in even less time. Amazing.
Anyway, thought I’d nerd out about the details for those interested.
- Mac Pro, 3.0 Ghz 8-core, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD
-  27″ Thunderbolt Displays
- LX Dual Side-by-Side Arm Desk Mount
- IKEA Galant Desk Combination Right
- Shure SM7B Microphone
- Heil PL2T Boom
- Scarlett 18i8 Audio Interface
- Plugable 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub
- Sony MDR7506 Headphones
- Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 2.1 Speakers
- iPad 3rd Gen, Wifi, 16GB
- Taotronics TT-HS03 iPad Holder
- Imak Ergobeads Wrist Cushions
- WD My Passport Ultra 2TB
- Ugmonk Leather Mousepad
- Open Frame, 24″ x 30″, Natural Finish
- 24oz Iced Latte with Chocolate (made by my loving wife)
- Wall artwork by myself, Dana Tanamachi, Patrick Mahoney, Drew Melton, Ross Moody, Rogie King, Ryan Putnam, and Kyle Steed.
- Prints dry mounted, and hung with 3M Adhesive Velcro Strips