Download: MP3 (Protected Content!)
You have an amazing idea. You’ve thought about it for a while, you think you’re onto something, and you really believe that it will really help a lot of people.
You start to work on the product.
Don’t do that. I’m serious.
If you haven’t spent any time actually validating your product, you’re wasting your time. The only way you’re truly going to know if a group of people is going to buy what you’re selling is if you validate your product.
There are many different ways to validate your product, a few of which we’ll discuss in today’s episode. More important than the method is the mindset. The greatest (and most successful) product you can create is not based on a whim or “idea,” but it will come from an intimate understanding of who you’re trying to help.
In today’s show, we’ll talk about the importance of validating your product and some practical methods to make sure you’re not wasting your time.
Things You’ll Learn
- What you need to do before you create a product or service.
- How to learn about the problems your business is trying to solve.
- What you need to know about your target audience.
- What to look for if your product isn’t selling.
- How to get feedback on your product and who you should be looking to for feedback.
- How to validate your product before you even start talking to people.
- The only way you really know whether someone will buy your product.
- The one thing you need to do if you use preorders or crowdfunding.
- The importance of data for validation.
Already have access? Log in »