Download: MP3 (62 MB)
Achieving what you want in life or in business requires a lot of good old fashioned hard work. There are no shortcuts, no remarkable hacks, just getting into the middle of things and moving forward.
Working to accomplish what you want takes more than a willingness to start or to work, it also requires direction. Knowing *what* you want is just as important as knowing *how* you plan to get it.
We talk a lot about goals on this show and for a good reason. Goals are the not only the milestones of your journey, they are the lanterns along the path that help you get to your end destination. They are meant to guide and direct, making sure that you’re staying on track.
In today’s episode, we’ll be talking about how to set better goals, why goals are actually not the end result, and why setting the right goals is imperative to your success.
Highlights, Takeaways, & Quick Wins:
- Always start with the vision.
- The vision is the end result, the way you want the world to be when you’re done.
- A goal is a milestone on the way to accomplishing the vision.
- If you set goals just for the sake of setting goals and you have no idea why you’re doing it, they are more likely to fall through.
- Break your goals down until they are small tangible tasks.
- Small wins are vital to the success of your overall goals.
- Create goals that are designed to help you take action. If your goal is too lofty, you need to change it or break it down.
- Give yourself deadlines and milestones. Even if you don’t hit the deadline, it can help motivate you to action.
- Audit your goals regularly. Are they still helping to achieve the vision?
- Don’t be afraid to evaluate the vision every so often and consider if it’s still the right one.