Download: MP3 (52.3 MB)
Whenever you see a successful brand come to light, you usually only see the external results. A new product is released, a company is purchased, another venture begins.
For these brands, however, everything you see is the result of careful planning, execution, and unified goals.
We’ve talked about goals in the past, but today we’re going to zoom out and talk big picture.
In today’s show we’ll be talking about the difference between mission and vision, why they’re important, and what it looks like when you have incredible harmony between the two.
Highlights, Takeaways, Quick Wins
- Your vision is how you want the world to be, your mission is what you’re going to do to make that come to be.
- Without vision, your brand will be aimless.
- Every practical move for your brand must be made in the best interest of the vision.
- Your vision and mission statements don’t have to be public, but they can help build trust between you and your audience.
- If you know the purpose behind what you’re doing, you can get people on board easier.
- Develop a plan of action based on your vision and goals.
- The best thing a small brand can have is a mission with a compelling story.