Download: MP3 (30 MB)
You have an idea.
It might sound crazy, but you believe that with hard work and dedication, your idea can be successful. Maybe you’ve been building this idea for years, but it’s time to finally get serious.
Whether you are just starting out as a brand or have been building your brand for many years, it is always important to know where you’re from and where you’re going. Asking specific questions will help to lay the building blocks that will help you define your brand.
Getting started can sound complex and intimidating. Surely you have to have everything completely figured out before starting, right?
A brand is the culmination of a lot of things, certainly, but it starts from simplicity. A simple idea with a simple vision.
In today’s episode I’ll be taking a look into some of the simple questions to ask as you’re getting started, or if you’re looking for deeper clarity as you go forward.
Highlights, Takeaways, Quick Wins
- When you ask questions about your brand, you give yourself more opportunities to get more clarity.
- Successful brands are built on clear and immovable values that usually stem from an iconic founder or team that had a clear vision.
- Successful brands aren’t successful because they are doing new things; they are successful because they do things differently.
- Don’t underestimate yourself! No one else has lived your life and that is where you find your qualifications.
- “What am I doing?” and “Why am I doing it?” are the two most foundational questions.
- In order to know where you’re going, you have to know what you’re doing.