Download: MP3 (Protected Content!)
A new alert appears on your screen. You have a new subscriber! You get that warm fuzzy feeling as you click into their contact profile.
They’ve put in their first name so you know what to call them, and there’s even a little avatar that was pulled in from their social media. They’re an actual person, someone who was interested enough to sign up and follow you.
You’re excited. There seems to be some growth happening.
Then things seem to plateau. You’re still getting subscribers, but people are dropping off. That steep upwards curve you once had seems to be leveling off, and there’s no apparent reason why.
Self-doubt starts to creep in. Was it something you said or did? Are you no longer relevant? Are you actually helping the people you want to help?
There’s really only one way to find out what’s happening with your audience growth, and that’s by getting good old-fashioned data. There are plenty of ways to get data, but certainly the most rewarding is through relationships. On today’s show we’ll be getting practical on how to interact with your audience so you can get the right kind of data to help the people you want to help.
- Why you shouldn’t expect to get noticed right away and why that’s ok.
- Where you need to look if you’re not seeing growth.
- How to get insight from people in your audience.
- What people respond to most and what you shouldn’t do to appeal to a broader audience.
- Why some people may subscribe or unsubscribe and why it’s important.
- How to learn more about your target audience and why you should.
- The one thing to keep in mind if you feel like you’ve already said everything you have to say multiple times.
- Why it’s important to keep sharing, find new things to say, and new ways to say what you’ve already said.
Already have access? Log in »