Download: MP3 (46.3 MB)
Do you remember the last time you had an experience with a brand that made you absolutely delighted? What was the circumstance? How did it make you feel?
We so often look at business with only the transactional side of things in mind, when most customers remember primarily the feeling of the transaction. When you add delight into the mixture, you improve the chances of that feeling being a positive one.
Sweating the details can look different for different situations, but in every case it is an important factor of building a positive brand image.
On today’s episode, we’ll talk about how much time you should spend on the details and offer some suggestions to make your customers’ experience delightful.
Highlights, Takeaways, Quick Wins
- Delight comes with a level of surprise. In most cases, people don’t expect to be delighted, which leads to a wonderful experience.
- When you add delight to the customer experience, you demonstrate that you were thinking about them all along.
- Adding to your customer’s experience may cost you something, but a positive experience is only ever going to net you positive results.
- Think through what the “others” aren’t doing that you can do.
- Special bonuses and unexpected additions to an order help to
reinforce the customer’s decision to purchase from you.
- Reduce “buyer’s remorse” by giving your customer a quick win or delightful experience upon receiving the item.
- The higher your price point, the more you have a responsibility to reassure your customer.