Download: MP3 (39.1 MB)
You might have heard the expression, “underpromise and overdeliver”. It’s the idea where you tell your customers or clients what they can expect, then giving them above and beyond what they expected.
Sure, the expression is a cute one, but the idea of overdelivering is an interesting one. What exactly is the promise? Is it just as simple as knowing what you’re going to make and holding back some information about it?
This episode is one of our conversational shows, exploring the idea of the promise and delivery, and if it actually pays in the end to overdeliver.
Highlights, Takeaways, Quick Wins
- Design your free content to demonstrate the quality of your paid products.
- Every person has an idea of what to expect from you. Overdelivering on that expectation builds deeper trust and shows you care.
- If you give away everything, you not only undermine your business but you remove the opportunity for people to invest in something that actually helps them.
- Think about your products or services and come up with smaller things to give along with the finished product.
- When you structure your content and products to meet all of the needs of your prospective customers, for many it will be a no-brainer purchase.
- Your free content doesn’t have to be directly about your products or services, but can be related value that still helps your target audience.