Download: MP3 (Protected Content!)
You have to make money to support yourself and you know you need to sell something, but how do you find the right balance between giving away things for free and putting a price tag on something?
Relationship marketing is important and giving away valuable content for free is a great strategy, but how much is too much?
Can you give yourself out of business?
Yes. Yes, you can.
You have to support yourself. If you don’t sell, you don’t make money. If you don’t make money, you can’t keep doing what you do. That means you can’t continue helping people and everybody loses!
But finding the balance is tricky.
We talk about finding that balance, how people don’t pay for content (they pay for context), and how true value is in the application of information not in the consumption of it. In other words, it doesn’t matter whether what you provide is paid or free—what matters is whether people apply it.
Things You’ll Learn
- Why it doesn’t really matter whether what you provide is paid or free—and what’s really important.
- What you need to do so you can afford to invest in giving away free stuff.
- How to make sure you create the right product.
- What you can’t give away if you expect to stay in business.
- The one thing that’s keeping people from taking action on your content.
- Where the true value of information lies.
- How much to give away for free so that people will invest in the rest.
- When people are willing to pay for things that save them time.
- Exactly what to give away and what to sell.
- Why people don’t pay for content—and what they do pay for.
- The one thing you should never be afraid of.
Already have access? Log in »