Download: MP3 (Protected Content!)
If someone is not helping you get closer to your goal, they’re taking you away from it.
This is a hard concept to accept. Is it really that black and white? Isn’t it okay for someone to be passive?
Think of a Flintstones car. The bottom of the car is open so you can pedal with your feet. The people in your life are in the Flintstone’s car with you. Even though they may not be backpedalling, if they’re sitting there and not helping you move forward, their dead weight is slowing you down!
You can’t afford to have people in your life who aren’t on board with your vision.
So how in the world do you get those people to buy in? What if they’re not supportive? What if they’re discouraging? What if they don’t care? What if these people are your family members?
Whether it’s your friends, parents, siblings, or spouse, you must get everyone in your life on board.
Easier said than done, right?
We talk about how to do that in today’s episode. The HOW is actually not very obvious at all.
If you know there are people in your life who:
A: Don’t know your vision.
B: Aren’t on board with your vision.
C: Are actively discouraging you from your vision.
This show is for you.
Things You’ll Learn
- How to know if you have communicated effectively.
- Who holds the responsibility for communication in any given situation.
- What everyone is really looking for when they talk to you.
- The first step to getting others on board with your vision.
- The one thing you should have before talking with someone about your vision.
- What you need to do before you can move forward with your vision.
- Why taking responsibility matters when people aren’t on board with your vision.
- The one thing you should do if you want people to listen to you and be invested in what you have to say.
Already have access? Log in »