Download: MP3 (14.5 MB)
Have you been struggling with enthusiasm or motivation for a project lately? Have you encountered multiple setbacks that have derailed your progress?
At any given time, we all have dozens of things asking for our attention. Sometime even demanding our attention.
How do you stay focused and motivated when there are so many things trying to pull you away from your main goal? What do you do when making progress feels impossible?
Highlights, Takeaways, & Quick Wins:
- If you base your actions on whether you “feel” motivated, you’re going to fail.
- Motivation is the result, not the source, of action.
- Break down the process of taking action into tiny steps.
- Remember why you set out to do what you wanted to do.
- Commit to taking action on a schedule.
- Start with a commitment to show up, make yourself accountable, and take the first step.
- Showing up isn’t always going to be easy, but it is going to be worth it.
- Envision your future to contextualize your now.
- Embrace the struggle—ups and downs are what make a compelling story.
- Treat every day as an opportunity for a fresh start.
- True failure is never starting at all.