Download: MP3 (42.4 MB)
I have a big idea called Overlap.
But that word doesn’t mean anything to anyone else until I explain it.
While I have enough to say about my big idea to write the book on it, I also need to be able to communicate that idea in a simple manner.
That’s where today’s episode comes in.
I thought it would be fun to do a conversional episode with Ben about distilling down your big idea.
We also talk about how to come up with your big idea.
Highlights, Takeaways, & Quick Wins:
- Your big idea comes from your why.
- Your big idea takes your why (intangible) and turns it into something tangible—something other people can hold onto.
- There’s a difference between what you do and your big idea.
- One way to discover your big idea is to ask people in your life how they would explain what you’re wanting to do.
- Ask yourself: what do you want the world to look like as a result of your contributions? That’s your big idea.
- Another way to look at it: how would the world be worse off if you never existed?
- If you have multiple related big ideas, start with the one that more enables the other.
- Put most energy first into the idea that’s going to spread and become profitable the quickest.