Download: MP3 (Protected Content!)
When I say “day job” people react like I said a four-letter word!
Getting a day job is not giving up on your dream.
A lot of people feel like having a day job is holding them back. They’re eager to take a leap.
But trying to monetize your passion too soon is what will kill your passion.
When you don’t protect your passion by first covering your bills with a day job, it will be crushed the first time it encounters resistance. You have to protect it.
Protecting comes in the form of a day job. You have to protect your ability to make objective decisions and your ability to say no to bad opportunities.
When you put yourself in a position where you have to make money from your passion in order to survive, you will be desperate. This desperation leads to compromise on many things—including your prices, professionalism or morals.
A day job that covers 100% of your bills is what prevents scarcity mindset. Build a solid foundation and then overlap. Overlap is a transition, not a leap.
Things You’ll Learn:
- How to not kill your passion.
- How to identify the signs that you need to find a different day job.
- The one thing the right day job will do for you.
- Why the right day job should be in a different industry from your passion.
- Why protecting your passion is so important.
- The one thing you need to do if your day job doesn’t support you.
Already have access? Log in »