Download: MP3 (66.6 MB)
What you have to say has already been said. Here’s the good news: say it anyway.
It’s a new time, a new place, and a new context. Share your message and don’t hold back.
It takes hearing new information 7 times for us to retain it. That means if someone else has already said it, say it anyway. If you’ve already said it, say it again.
Your voice matters. Context is everything and your unique perspective makes what you have to say new and valuable for someone. More than likely, what you have to say will resonate with MANY people.
If you feel like you have nothing new to say or that other smarter people have said things better than you ever could, listen to this episode.
Highlights, Takeaways, & Quick Wins:
- It takes hearing new information seven times for people to retain it.
- You have a unique voice; your take on the same information that’s already been shared is valuable.
- You’re the right voice for where some people are in their journey.
- Don’t worry about what’s already been said—share anyway.
- Context makes what you have to say valuable; where you’re at, where you’re coming from, and your unique perspective.
- The more specific you are, the more people will feel like you’re talking to them.
- You don’t need a million followers to make a huge impact in peoples’ lives.
- There are always new angles you can take on the same topics.
- What you say could be the magical seventh time for someone—and they’ll attribute the value of that message to you.
- There’s nothing new under the sun, except you. Your context is fresh and your unique voice will never exist again.
- Speak from your experience, tell your story, and think in terms of documenting (instead of “creating”).
- Stop trying to be unique and start trying to be authentic.