Download: MP3 (54.6 MB)
Wow, what an episode!
This recording was so jam-packed, we had to split it into two parts.
Ever wondered what happens in a client meeting—or, at least, what should happen?
You’re in the right place.
Today, we’re talking all about how and when and why to meet with your client. Learn what you need to prepare for, how the meeting should go, what you should say, and more.
Feel confident going into the meeting and build trust with your client.
Highlights, Takeaways, & Quick Wins:
- Client meetings should take place in-person or on a video call. Schedule them in advance.
- After any meeting, provide a written follow up email so there’s a record you both can refer back to.
- Take notes and record your meetings.
- The point of a meeting is to learn more, so don’t ask yes or no questions.
- Present yourself professionally.
- Learn what your client already values—don’t try to convince them that they need your services.
- Ask your client why they came to you specifically.
- If a client wants the results you provide, make it clear that generating those results requires following your process.
- Bad clients lead to more bad clients; good clients lead to more good clients.