Download: MP3 (141.1 MB)
The key to success is to show up every day. You will not find a truly successful person who did not work hard. You have to put in the effort.
The reason passion matters is because you won’t show up to something you hate. You can’t just love the idea of something, you have to fall in love with the process.
Show up every day for two years. And it’s not that there’s something magical about two years necessarily, but things tend to click at that point. Two years is also the point at which you are likely to start seeing results. Don’t expect to see results in the beginning, but know that the results will come in time.
Things will never be perfect, but if you show up every day you will continually improve.
Don’t wait for motivation to start. Motivation is not a source but a result of doing. Showing up every day starts with a commitment, it’s that simple. When you show up and trust the process, the motivation will come. Do something every day that gets you a little bit closer to your goal.
Highlights, Takeaways, & Quick Wins:
- What you’ve done in the past consistently speaks to the promise of what you’ll do in the future.
- If you’re caught up in wanting to see results, ask yourself if you are enjoying the process.
- Motivation is not a source—it’s a result of doing.
- Don’t wait for motivation. Motivation comes after you show up.
- Showing up starts with a commitment.
- Optimize for starting. Just get started.
- Do one thing every single day that gets you closer to your goal.
- You’ll figure things out as you go, but only if you take action.
- If you start now, your life can look completely different in 2 years.
- Ask yourself, “where are my small daily habits taking me?”
- The end result has to be that you show up.
- Hard work doesn’t get easier, you get stronger.
- Are you happy with where you’ll be if you repeat the last six months of your life? If not, something needs to change.
- Don’t wait for the break-through moment—it’s a slow climb.
- What can be easily gained can be easily lost.
- Plan ahead so you know what to do when you show up.