Download: MP3 (134.5 MB)
If you feel like you’re treading water, barely keeping your head above the surface, and struggling just to get by, you’re not alone.
If you feel like everyone else has it all figured out, and you’re the only one who doesn’t have their stuff together, you’re not alone.
If you feel like you’re behind and you should be further along in your life, career, relationships, and success by now, you’re not alone.
I find that most people I talk to feel like they are behind in some way. It seems like everyone has it figured out by now and you’re the only one who’s working hard just to be normal.
You’re burning yourself out just to get to what you feel like would be par for the course. That’s how far behind you are.
But it’s not true. It’s not true that everyone has it figured out. In fact, most people feel the way you do (myself included). It’s not true that you don’t have a lot of things together—you do.
I want to reset your perspective today. We talk about how social media is distorting reality, how so few people have the basics covered, and how you can find authenticity in your relationships (plus why community is so much more valuable than social media).
Highlights, Takeaways, & Quick Wins:
- Value the areas where you are making progress.
- If you take one step in the right direction each day, you could become a whole different person—small gains add up over time.
- You aren’t a failure if you didn’t achieve everything you wanted today. Today was a success if you took a step in the right direction.
- You can’t take care of other people until you take care of yourself.
- When everything in life feels out of control, focus on what you can control.
- You think you’re impressing everyone by appearing invincible on social media, but really you’re just holding yourself back.
- You get out of community what you put into it.
- You’re not the only one out there working hard to be normal.