Download: MP3 (141.3 MB)
- Think and Grow Rich Book Club
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Desire
- Chapter 3: Faith
- Chapter 4: Auto-Suggestion
- Chapter 5: Specialized Knowledge
- Chapter 6: Imagination
- Chapter 7: Organized Planning
- Chapter 8: Decisions
- Chapter 9: Persistence
- Chapter 10: Power of the Master Mind
- Chapter 11: The Mystery of Sex Transmutation
- Chapter 12: The Subconscious Mind
- Chapter 13: The Brain
- Chapter 14: The Sixth Sense
- Chapter 15: How to Outwit the Six Ghosts of Fear
"Every human being who reaches the age of understanding of the purpose of money, wishes for it."
Chapter 2 of Think and Grow Rich talks about desire. This chapter focuses on translating desire into reality.
The book get straight to the point on providing 6 methods for transmuting desire into its financial equivalent. They're endorsed by Thomas Edison, if you needed any social proof.
But this is where the book leaves behind people who are confused about money. There are those who think it is wrong to desire money. They've been taught to be poor and to detest the pursuit of money. They were taught that money is evil.
Money is only a multiplier of purpose. If you don't want money, you don't care about your purpose.
Money = impact = leverage = time = freedom.
Want more time with your family? You desire riches.
Want more freedom in how much you work—as well as where and when? You desire riches.
Want to make a difference in the lives of your family, community, and causes you care about? You desire riches.
Want more opportunity to pursue any project or experience in life—including doing things other than work? You desire riches.
This chapter boils down the process to three things:
- Definiteness of purpose.
- The knowledge of what one wants.
- A burning desire to possess it.