I’m going to give you the best advice you’ll ever hear. The problem is, it’s not the kind of feel-good advice that you want to retweet or frame on your wall.
It’s the kind of advice that people need to hear, but it’s no easy thing to do:
Show up every day for two years.
That’s the golden answer right there.
- It will make you money.
- It will build an audience.
- It will solve most of your problems.
- It establish you as an authority in your industry.
- It will develop the tenacity needed to survive in this world.
- It will teach you that those who are successful aren’t successful because of some condensed version of their story, but because they made a commitment to show up every single day when it was hard, sucked, and it looked like nothing would ever come of it.
But no one will hear this advice because “Show up every day for two years” isn’t microwaveable. That’s the only advice you’ll ever need. Every other bit of advice is just a different packaging of it that’s more easily stomached.
Do you want to get ahead? If you want to be ahead of everyone else out there, that’s the only advice you need. If you can take this message to heart and internalize it, you will win.
I’m going to get screen prints made of this lettering piece.
Update: Prints are made! Get one »
I want this printed so I can put it up on my own wall to remind myself—that’s why I’m going to win.
Do you have what it takes to show up consistently no matter what—no matter how hard it gets?